There are a few things that you should consider when marketing your business online :
- Be careful. Once you put something on the internet, you can very rarely take it back.
- Be original. Don’t plagiarize content for your blog or status updates. If your customers find that you use plagiarized content, they will surely not think very highly of your business.
- Be consistent. Make sure that you are conveying a consistent message everywhere (even offline). Don’t confuse your current and future customers by sending confusing messages about your business.
- Be patient. Don’t fall into the shortcut trap. There are a lot many “businesses” that sell “software” or “services” that can increase your traffic, followers, likes, fans etc. Stay away from them or face the risk of being penalized or banned.
- Be precise. People don’t have time and attention span like they used to. Make sure what you write is short and easy to read and follow.
- Be focused. Don’t write stuff that is not of any concern to your business and more importantly to your customers.
- Be useful. Give your customers a reason to keep coming back for your updates. Try to be as useful as possible.